Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Kansas Needs More Support for Arts
YEAR-ROUND ADVOCACY NEEDED IN SUPPORT OF THE ARTS IN KANSAS
Funding for Kansas arts organizations, arts programs and arts education is being drastically diminished.
Now is the time for everyone who care about the arts to become active and voice their support for the arts. Together, all of us must advocate for increased support of the arts in our state in the coming year!Take action now!
ARTS ORGANIZATIONS, ARTS SUPPORTERS AND ARTS EDUCATORS
As we approach the new legislative session, tell legislators and the new administration how important the Kansas Arts Commission is to you and your organization.
Perhaps you or your organization has received grants from the Kansas Arts Commission. Perhaps you've been honored with an award or fellowship. Perhaps you've attended workshops or meetings or have had a staff member visit with you or your board -- and you've found them helpful and informative. Legislators want to know that!
Send a letter telling your state representative, state senator and the new governor about the value the Kansas Arts Commission brings. Write your own or use ideas from the example provided.
KANSAS CITIZENS FOR THE ARTS WELCOMES NEW EXECUTIVE COORDINATOR
Kansas Citizens for the Arts has named Sarah Carkhuff Fizell, Topeka, as its new executive coordinator. As a public relations and government affairs consultant, Sarah works with a variety of clients on behalf of Strategic Communications of Kansas.
“I am pleased to be working with Kansas Citizens for the Arts and look forward to broadening their membership and advocacy activities across Kansas,” said Fizell.
“We feel so fortunate to have Sarah working with us as she brings a wide variety of governmental, public relations, as well as administrative experiences to this new position with the Citizens,” stated Ann Evans, co-chair of Kansas Citizens for the Arts.
Her Kansas Citizens for the Arts responsibilities include building membership of individuals and organizations, developing statewide community outreach and networking, working to develop a unified legislative agenda in conjunction with the Kansas Arts Commission and organizing advocacy efforts. She will coordinate the annual
Arts Day at the Capitol, work with the board of directors, as well as manage the operations of the organization.
To contact Sarah, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KCA TO HOST ARTS ADVOCACY WORKSHOP
The Kansas Citizens for the Arts invites arts organizations leaders — staff and board members — arts audiences, arts educators — and everyone who cares about the arts in Kansas — to attend its free arts advocacy workshop:
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 6:00 pm
Leawood Branch Library
4700 Town Center Drive (Leawood)
A light meal and drinks will be provided.
This workshop, led by KCA Executive Coordinator Sarah Carkhuff Fizell, will help you become an expert in developing a message for local arts advocacy. To RSVP, send an email to
email@example.com or call 913-894-2720.
- ► 2013 (17)
- ► 2012 (65)
- ► 2011 (191)
- Tim Burton Opens Up About His Design Process
- Ring In the New Year with Kung Fu Panda: TV Spot
- Learn How to Protect Your Work!
- Time to Start Submitting for SIGGRAPH 2011 in Vanc...
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 Power Tour in OK
- Tornado Alley 5
- Merry Christmas!
- Kansas Needs More Support for Arts
- Adobe & Motorola Video Contest
- Tornado Alley 4
- Extended Addy Deadline This Wednesday!
- Animation and VFX Reign Once Again at the Box Offi...
- Exciting MAPA Announcement!
- Grants of up to $5,000 available for local moviema...
- Lilfuchs goes Psychedelic for Adult Swim
- Amazing Animation created from User Submitted Draw...
- "Tron" Light Cycles Subject of New Stop-Motion Pro...
- 'Corpse Bride' director reinvents the Land of Oz
- Sony Animation Recruits 'Finding Nemo' writer and ...
- Tornado Alley 3
- Hey MAPA!!! Come meet Sponsorship Chair from SIGGR...
- Final 3rd Friday Art Walk for 2010!
- Script Writers Wanted! $10k in Prizes!
- Getting Geared Up for Siggraph Asia 2010
- 'Toy Story 3' makes AFI Top 10 for 2010
- Unbelievably Cool Animated Video For David Lynch's...
- DreamWorks to combine CG and Hand-Drawn Animation ...
- KC Star Cartoonist Talks About New Book
- Simon Pegg Talks About Voicing 'Reepicheep' In The...
- Artist Studio Spaces. $100
- Tornado Alley 2
- Kansas City Artists Coalition Auction
- Tweet Day for MAPA!
- 38th Annual Annie Nominations Announced!
- 3D World Releases List of 100 "Must See" CG Shorts...
- Lawrence Art Guild Calls For Artists
- Arts Roundtable featuring Rocco Landesman
- ArtsKC 360° This Week!
- KC Autodesk User Group Meeting This Week!
- Cast Your Vote for the Future of MAPA!!!
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Rolls Out Sequels by the Score
- Character Design Contest with $1,500 in Prizes
- Ryan Woodward: “Thought of You”
- Academy culls Animated Short Contenders to 10
- DEADLINE ALERT: 2011 Addys Call for Entries
- Submit Your Short to Win $10K and a Trip to Hollyw...
- Paul Tyler to receive Urban Hero Award
- KCAI art show featuring The Dead Girl Derby
- Hollywood Honors a Year of Animated Triumphs
- Production Assistant Training Seminar
- The Polar Express comes to Union Station
- The Kansas City Rock And Comic-Con
- Tornado Alley 1
- David Lynch Music Video Contest!
- ▼ December (54)