Thursday, December 9, 2010

Artist Studio Spaces. $100

As an illustrator I have found that working at home or even at a friends house can be very frustrating. Especially, if like me, you have family and tons of distractions keeping to from meeting a deadline. I set out on a goal of finding a quit but comfortable place to work ad have been searching now for a while.

Though there are several places outside of just sitting in coffee shops and drawing, all around KC I just kept running into one problem. As a freelancer I just can't afford to pay what is the equivalent of a second apartments rent on a small studio/office space.

So after searching for a while, and pretty much giving up, I finally had a break through in my quest. A small real estate company called Nitro Real Estate Services, LLC.

We have all heard the horror stories of getting screwed on Craigslist, but this was a legitimate company. They offer studio spaces starting at $99 a month up to $300(space is pretty large) as well as the ability to share a space with other artists if you are looking for a spot to work but don't have the funds to pay for it all by yourself.

I decided to jump on the opportunity right away as it isn't far from my house. So far, I am not having any problems. I have moved into my new office and I really enjoy the space. Can we say, second home.

Anyway, I am putting this info out there for those interested in doing the same. The building still has some work to be done, but there is a HUGE rentable gallery space in the down stair as well as a kitchen and bathrooms.

If this is something you are looking for and you really don't care to much about bells and wistles then I say it won't hurt to call and get a tour.

Here is the original ad http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ats/2061976844.html


Ellen Creed
Office Manager
Nitro Real Estate Services, LLC.
P.O. Box 32041
Kansas City, MO 64171
816-756-2659
888-648-7611 (Fax)

Best Wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave your comments for our artists here.

Blog Archive

Contributors

Followers