Saturday, October 23, 2010
IIFF Hosts Film Financing Townhall
The Kansas City chapter of the Institute for Int'l Film Financing (IIFF) will host a special FILM FINANCING TOWNHALL, perpetuating the effort to expand the regional film economy that started so successfully this summer.
Please join us on Wednesday, the 27th. Register now at -
Designed to get local films funded, the event follows IIFF's proven formula for FILM FINANCING SUCCESS by connecting & educating the FILM & FINANCE communities. The evening's INSIGHTFUL TALKS by hand-picked experts include:
1) "HOW TO RAISE MONEY in Kansas City" -- by JENE POPPER HONG, CPA, seasoned deal maker who helps entrepreneurs & businesses raise capital, incl. work with angel investors, venture capital firms & investment banks; Principal & Practice Lead of CFO Services at advisory firm Business Transition Specialists; 20+ years of M&A, business strategy & problem solving experience, overcoming multitude of financial & operational challenges; held CFO at LaGarde, ThyssenKrupp Access, Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management, Xceligent & Conseva; Series 6 & 63 securities license; 14-time Ironman triathlete; etc.
2) "TREATING YOUR FUNDERS & UNDERWRITERS So They'll Do It Again" -- by CLAY MYERS-BOWMAN, accomplished fundraising & film financing consultant; award-winning leader & entrepreneur, who spearheaded dozens of for-profit & non-profit projects (from Indiana to California, Minnesota to Kansas & Colorado) over past 22 years; Executive Producer on JT O'Neal's next movie "My Father's Hero", to be filmed in Manhattan, KS; Associate Producer on documentary "Sandzen: Ecstasy of Color", set to premiere this fall; his documentary "Over 50 in Kansas" was 1st runner-up in NYC's Lean Forward Media Project; etc.
3) "MANAGING RISK IN FILM PROJECTS: What Producers & Investors Need to Know" -- by MARY SCHUST, Senior Vice President & Director of Underwriting at Axis Pro, part of leading specialty insurance & reinsurance company Axis Capital, based in Bermuda & operating worldwide; 27-year career at Axis Pro & predecessors; currently lead Product Manager for Media & Technology products, heading team of 5 underwriters handling Film & Entertainment transactions; previously worked as broadcast journalist for radio stations in Kansas & Missouri; graduate of Kansas State University; etc.
4) "WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA CAN DO FOR YOU & How to Make the Most of It" -- by DAVID SHULTZ, seasoned IT professional & project manager with ~15 years experience; expert in use of social media & viral marketing to accomplish business goals; close ties to film industry & understanding of filmmakers' needs via Emmy-winning documentarian brother; involved in strategic planning, project management, web & database development & multimedia marketing across many industries; helps companies build brands & market share by leveraging social media & viral marketing in addition to other strategies; etc.
5) "FINANCING & PRODUCING FILMS in the Midwest: Status Quo & New Opportunities" -- by RICHARD WELNOWSKI, award-winning filmmaker/cinematographer & widely acclaimed "one-man film studio" with 20+ years experience; won Emmy for Special Visual Effects for "The Orchestra"; best known for his work on BAFTA Award winner "LazyTown" & "Kafka"; recently completed "Pennhurst" starring Haylie Duff, produced by longtime Clint Eastwood collaborator Tom Rooker ("Space Cowboys"); worked extensively with Oscar winner Zbig Rybczynski & for National Geographic; etc.
+ 2 MORE leading professionals whose bios are available online!
Axis Capital is hosting at its downtown facilities:
FILM FINANCING TOWNHALL
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
7 PM - 10 PM (CT)
2300 Main St.
Kansas City, MO
Review all event details & buy AFFORDABLE TICKETS at -
Don't miss this unique LEARNING & NETWORKING opportunity. Please tell your colleagues & associates.
Your Friends at IIFF
P.S.: Bring a summary of your film project to run it by FilmAngels investors (http://filmangels.info/), who are meeting every month.
P.P.S: Film Financing Townhalls in Phoenix (http://iiff.info/VAAVX), New York (http://iiff.info/YXFSM), San Francisco (http://iiff.info/VGUTG), Seattle (http://iiff.info/REXJI) & Vancouver (http://iiff.info/ZDOVM) are coming up as well.
- ► 2013 (17)
- ► 2012 (65)
- ► 2011 (191)
- Black Age of Comics XIII
- Advertising Career Day in Kansas City!
- Over 90 Artisans and Crafters to participate in Fa...
- The Boulder Filmmaking Incubator
- Rampage Through Lawrence this Fall!
- Arts Council of Southeast Missouri Board Elections...
- Animators Worldwide Celebrate!
- Free Stock Footage
- Artist, INC 2011
- Artist Inc Seminar Series Announced
- CinemaKC To Showcase UMKC Student Films
- Buck O'Neil Mural to Be Painted
- A Place to Submit Your Projects
- IIFF Hosts Film Financing Townhall
- 8th Edition ArtsKC Awards Luncheon Announced
- 2010 Lawrence ArtWalk
- Art Exhibition with Urban Grit
- Choosing a comic to major in?
- Text to Sand using Particular
- Inverse Kinematics Tutorial
- JOB ALERT
- KC Artists Take Show to New York
- 2010 KC Fall Arts Schedule
- Renowned Photographers give Lecture at Nelson-Atki...
- Exhibition to open in KCAI Alumni Gallery
- MAPA Bloggers Wanted!!
- Burning Video Effect
- Get that Next Job
- Free Soundbooth MEDIA!!!
- Tweet from @howtodesigntips
- MAPA IN THE NEWS
- Kansas City Comic Book Launch Party!
- Blue Springs Blog Makes PageRank List for Animatio...
- Kansas City Artists Coalition Exhibition
- Kansas City Art Institute Celebrates 125 Years
- New MAPA Blog Services
- EXPERT REQUEST!!!
- JOB ALERT!!! New Job Post on the Cow!
- October Sketchbook Meeting! Tuesday, 10-26-2010
- ▼ October (40)