Monday, March 21, 2011
CinemaKC Presents IFCKC’S “Fantasy Filmmaker Draft”
CinemaKC Presents IFCKC’S “Fantasy Filmmaker Draft” Project: Five Teams, Five Episodes, One Story
Friday, March 18th, 2011 at 5:21 pm
CinemaKC, a not-for-profit organization connecting film related groups in Kansas and Missouri, will host the Independent Filmmakers Coalition of Kansas City (IFCKC) 3rd Annual Fantasy Filmmaker Draft short film at the Screenland Crown Center Theater on Saturday, March 26. The program includes a brief reception at 6:30pm followed by the screenings and a Q&A with filmmakers starting at 7:30pm.
The Fantasy Filmmaker Draft Project screening showcases the hard work of five teams and over 50 participants. Created in 2009, the Fantasy Filmmaker Draft was started “…in order to showcase the vast talents of the IFCKC members, by working together on one cohesive project, with a common goal,” according to IFCKC President Brian Boye. Five team captains are selected as the Executive Producers, who then select Writers and Directors, Fantasy Football style. Writer A then has one week to complete 5-9 pages of a script, which features four main characters. The script is passed to Writer B, who has a week to continue the story arc, maintaining the four primary characters.
Teams then had until March 23rd, to complete their episode. Each team has no idea what the other teams are doing in their episode. Style, pacing, art direction are completely up to the discretion of each team, meaning each episode has its own unique qualities. It is only until the screening on March 26th where the teams will see the complete story for the first time.
“The beauty of the FFD is that it forces filmmakers and actors to work outside of their comfort zone, to work with people they are unfamiliar with,” says Boye. “Every year, new relationships are formed, new partnerships are forged, and we learn how other talented people do their work.”
Admission will be $5 for IFCKC members, $8 for non-members. For more information, contact the IFCKC’s President Brian Boye at 816-582-6061, Tim Harvey at 816-786-3354, or Jason Hunt at 816-863-9082.
Upcoming CinemaKC Events:
March 26, 2011: CinemaKC TV premiers on KSMO-TV, 9:30pm
April 14, 2011: CinemaKC Showcases the KU Film & Media Studies Department, Screenland Crown Center, 6:30pm Mixer, program at 7:30pm. Cost: $8, $5 Students, KU Students free with ID.
June 25, 2011: CinemaKC Showcases The Best of the Tallgrass Film Festival in association with the Kansas
Film Commission, 6:30pm Mixer, Program 7:30pm.
CinemaKC’s Strategic Partners include ArtsKC, Film Commission of Greater Kansas City, Film Society of Greater Kansas City, Independent Filmmaker’s Coalition, Kansas City Film Critics Circle, Kansas City FilmFest, Kansas City Filmmakers Jubilee, Kansas City Fringe Festival, Kansas City Screenwriters, Kansas City Urban Film Festival, Kansas City Women in Film and TV, Kansas Film Commission, Kansas International Film Festival, Missouri Film Commission, Missouri Motion Media Association, Reel Spirit, Thank You Walt Disney, UMKC Film Department, University of Kansas Film and Media Studies, United Motion Picture Association (UMPA), Variety the Children’s Charity of Greater Kansas City, and Women of the Motion Picture Industry.
CinemaKC’s Business Alliance Partners include Allied Integrated Marketing, Allied Theatre Craft, American Heartland Theatre, Kansas City Area Development Council, KC Stage Magazine, KC Arts Council, KC Studio, Prizm Productions, Screenland Armour, Screenland Crossroads, Screenland Crown Center, StagePort, Substream Music & Sound Design, and T2.
- ► 2013 (17)
- ► 2012 (65)
- Award Winning Animator Jorge R. Gutierrez at KCAI
- Giving it a Shot
- My Dog Tulip – Paul and Sandra Fierlinger (2010)
- CinemaKC Presents IFCKC’S “Fantasy Filmmaker Draft...
- KCAGA user group meeting
- Animator Needed - ASAP!!
- Some Festival Deadlines to Report...
- KANSAS ARTS COMMISSION EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR DEPARTS
- The Resident Film Snob Reviews "Paul"
- "Puss" Gets His Own Movie! Watch the Trailer!
- Kansas International Film Festival
- 2011 GOVERNOR'S ARTS AWARDS SHOWCASES EXCELLENCE I...
- Kansas Arts Funding in Crisis Meeting
- News and Event Updates from SXSW on MAPA Blog!
- March MAPA Meeting
- KCVideoCore Meeting: PAWN'S MOVE Q&A
- CALL FOR ARTISTS!!
- I've Been Away, Lots of Fests to Enter!
- ArtsKC Says Save the Kansas Arts Commission
- Art/Work "On Stage" at the Gem Theatre!
- AMC Entertainment(r) And Regal Entertainment Group...
- 'My Dog Tulip' & Oscar Animated Shorts at Tivoli
- KANSAS ARTS COMMISSION ANNOUNCES 2011 POETRY OUT L...
- GOOGLE Celebrates Father of the Graphic Novel
- AMC Theatres presents Kansas City FilmFest April 6...
- Senate panel opposes Brownback's arts proposal
- Upcoming Film Festivals
- EMMY WORKSHOP coming to KC!
- "Star Wars" Advertising Seminar at Liquid 9
- ▼ March (29)