Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Anima Mundi 2012: Call for Entries
• August 6th – Beginning of final formats return.
• November 30th - Deadline for the payment of all cash prizes.
2. CATEGORIES IN COMPETITION
· Short Film - shorts intended for the general public.
· Short for Children - shorts intended for children.
· Brazilian Short Film - shorts by Brazilian authors, exhibited in the Short Film and Short for Children screenings.
· Student Film - graduation shorts produced in animation courses or workshops, exhibited in the Short Film and Short for Children screenings.
· Feature Film - films with length over 60 minutes.
· Feature for Children - films with length over 60 minutes intended for children.
· Commissioned Film - commissioned works for advertising, institutional campaigns, music videos or special effects sequences for live-action feature films, exhibited in the Portfolio screenings.
3. NON-COMPETITIVE SCREENINGS
· Animation, of Course! – a selection of films produced by students in schools, workshops and universities.
· Future Animator – animation shorts produced by children and teenagers.
· Gallery - unconventional or experimental animation works exhibited in a specific space.
· Panorama – films that reflect the tendencies of the recent international animation production.
· Special Screenings and Retrospectives
Student Film - R$ 4.000,00
Feature Film - R$ 5.000,00
Feature for Children - R$ 5.000,00
PROFESSIONAL JURY AWARDS - A collegiate of animators, filmmakers, journalists, fine artists, musicians and other specialists related to the art of animation vote and award the professional prizes among the films of the short film categories in competition:
Among ‘Short Film’ Programs
Best Animation - R$ 4.000,00
Best Script - R$ 4.000,00
Best Soundtrack - R$ 4.000,00
Best Art Direction - R$ 4.000,00
Among ‘Portfolio’ Programs
Best Commissioned Film - R$ 3.000,00
ANIMA MUNDI ON THE ROAD AWARD - Films and videos selected and invited to participate in ANIMA MUNDI ON THE ROAD, a special program that will tour on other Brazilian cities during 11 months after the festival, will receive a R$ 700,00 award.
BEST FILM AWARD - R$ 10.000,00 and the ANIMA MUNDI trophy to be awarded to the work which stands out as a special achievement to the animation language by the professional jury. Anima Mundi is now a qualifying festival by the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Sciences. The recipient of the "Best Film Award" in the short films category may be eligible to enter the Animated Short Film competition for the concurrent Oscar® season, provided that the films meets all the requirements set forth by the Academy’s official rules for that season. For more information, please see www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/rules
- Only the winners of the 1st place in each category will receive the ANIMA MUNDI trophy and the cash prize.
- The awards may not be assigned in case there are less than 3 contestants in each category.
- The amounts mentioned above refer to the gross value of the prizes. The net value to be paid will be subject to the discount of income tax imposed by Brazilian laws and wire transfer expenses.
- Just for the Feature for Children category: In case there are less than 3 selected films in the Feature for Children category, those will automatically compete for the Best Feature Film award. If there are 3 or more selected films in the Feature for Children category, separate awards will be assigned for the Best Feature Film and the Best Feature for Children.
6. SUBMISSIONS AND ELIGIBILITY
• No entry fee is required.
• There is no restriction regarding themes or genres.
• There is no limit in the number of works submitted per entrant. However, a separate entry form is required for each work.
• Only animated productions on film or video that have not been selected or exhibited at previous ANIMA MUNDI editions may be entered.
• The entry form must be completely filled and sent through a valid e-mail address recognized by the festival system by the on-line version available exclusively at the website http://www.animamundi.com.br/
• The person who fills the entry form will be considered fully responsible for the submission of the work and will remain as the contact for every correspondence with the festival regarding the entry.
• There is no minimum age to submit a film but awarded participants under 18 years old must indicate an adult as responsible for receiving the cash award on his/her behalf.
• The festival is entitled to give preference to works that have not yet been on general release or exhibited in other festivals in Brazil.
• On no account will the festival pay exhibition fees for any selected or invited film.
8. SENDING COPIES OF SELECTED WORKS
Accepted screening formats are Film (35mm), DVD, Blu-Ray or Digital files.
• Entrants that have more than one work selected for the festival must send separately one work per media.
• All boxes must be labeled with the title of the work, running time, system and region, entrant's name and address.
• The compatible formats and instructions for sending the digital files will be individually informed by the festival production team after the selection process (after May, 16th).
IMPORTANT: GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING WORKS AND
PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL - pre selection process and selected works
· Transport costs charges of medias, as well as any other related charges – notably customs forwarding agents’ fees for import and export – must be fully paid both ways by producers, directors or authorised organisations. Promotional material, videos and DVDs (pre-selection or final format) must be preferably sent by regular mail service.
· The use of courier or express services is not acceptable. In case it is absolutely necessary, it is mandatory to explicit declare in the commercial invoice and AWB that duties and taxes will be paid in the origin (prepaid modality). Collect and airfreight shipments will not be accepted.
· Should a customs declaration be requested, "no commercial value" or a value under US$ 5.00 must be declared. Expenses incurred by the non-observance of this instruction WILL NOT BE PAID BY THE FESTIVAL. Transportation service bills will be charged to the shipper, otherwise the delivery will not be accepted.
· Shipments by regular airmail must be done the earliest possible.
· All material sent from abroad should be properly packed and labeled as "NO COMMERCIAL VALUE - FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY". The special mailing label available at the website www.animamundi.com.br must be preferably used.
· THE LABEL MUST BE FIXED OUTSIDE THE ENVELOPE IN A VISIBLE PLACE.
· Works will be neither collected nor returned to P.O. Box addresses.
• The festival will be responsible for the safety of all films and videos from the time of delivery until they are shipped in return. In case of loss or damage of a copy during the event, the obligation of the festival will be limited to compensating the entrant only for the cost of making a new copy, according to a professional lab invoice.
• 35mm format with optical soundtrack only.
• Each print must be on a separate standard reel, heads out and with the title of the work clearly printed on the leader.
• Each print must be in an adequate film container, labeled with the title of the work, running time, aspect ratio, entrant's name and address.
• The festival will arrange the transportation of 35mm film prints through the support of diplomatic institutions or shipping agencies. Specific and detailed shipping instructions will be sent via email after the selection process (May 16th).
• All film prints will be checked for damages before and after the festival screenings by specialized professionals. A copy of the report will be sent along with the film after the festival.
Vídeo – DVD and Blu-Ray
· DVD and Blu-Ray copies can be from any region (preferably NTSC system) and contain a final authored version approved by the entrant, WITHOUT WATERMARKS.
· STICKY LABELS MUST NOT BE FIXED ON THE MEDIAS.
• For the festival video screenings, the selected works may be copied in their entirety in Blu-Ray or DVD that will contain the works in the screening order as defined by the festival curators. The festival will be fully responsible for the quality and insurance of this material, hereby guaranteeing that it will not be used for any other means, unless a previous written authorization is given by the entrant.
• The medias must be sent by entrants at their own expenses and won’t be returned.
9. SUBTITLING AND DUBBING
• The festival’s official language is the Brazilian Portuguese. The festival will take care of the electronic subtitling of ALL foreign films and videos. In order to do so, a text file with time-code information should be uploaded during the entry process. Languages accepted are English, French, Spanish or Portuguese.
MULTI CONTEST. If selected, it will participate only in one or the other, exclusively at the discretion of the festival directors.
- ► 2013 (17)
- ▼ 2012 (65)
- ► 2011 (191)