Friday, October 14, 2011

HOBO STEW by Beejay Hawn

Click panel for larger view

About Beejay (from her blog)

At age 5, I already had an extensive collection of Mickey Mouse, potato head, and mermaid doodles. By age 12, I already had 14 years experience drawing quick sketches, my own comic books, and gift illustrations. I’m currently thirty-mmmhuh years old and am starting both my 10th season in retail caricatures with Kamans Art Shoppes at Worlds of Fun.

In recent years I’ve joined the National Caricature Network (NCN) which went international in 2010 and is now known as the International Society of Caricature Artists (ISCA).

I’ve competed in the 2007 minicon and the 2007, 2009, and 2010 ISCA conventions. At the 2009 ISCA competition I placed in the top 11 in the speed competition. Then in the 2010 ISCA competition I took second place in the 3D technique category with my mixed media cut outs, and was in the top 8 of the speed competition.

I have also competed at the 2008- 2011 Cripple con competitions. I won the 2009 CCN best theme piece then in 2011 I won third place best theme piece and the second place in the sick and twisted category.

I wear clean socks every day, quilt, love BLTs, and perform Broadway musicals in my shower for standing room only audiences. My hobbies include growling at my Chipotles, stealing paint chips from the hardware store, and over-zealously yelling “I’m debt free!” along with my AM favourite radio program.

Until the rise of the zombies, I can be found in Kansas City, Missouri along with my 2 beautiful daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave your comments for our artists here.

Contributors

Followers