Monday, February 7, 2011
ArtsKC News for February
This year the ArtsKC Fund goal is to raise $440,000, and you can help! Giving has never been easier.
Choose from the following options:
• Payroll Deduction - (pledge forms available from your Workplace Giving Employee Campaign Manager)
• On-line at www.ArtsKC.org
• Credit Card - one time or installment payments
• Personal Check
Increase employee morale and creativity - host a workplace giving campaign! Companies interested in hosting an ArtsKC Fund Employee Giving Campaign may sign up now through May 2011 by contacting Liz Albers at 816-994-9223 or Albers@artskc.org.
Arts Council to Perform Research Study
We are proud to be participating in Arts & Economic Prosperity IV, a research study conducted by Americans for the Arts to evaluate the economic impact of nonprofit arts organizations and their audiences' spending in local communities. This spending pumps vital revenue into local restaurants, hotels, retail stores, parking garages, and other businesses. The study will also assess the impact of the recession on the employment and government revenues that are generated by the nonprofit arts industry. The findings are expected to demonstrate that the arts remain a formidable industry in spite of recent economic challenges. Grants Director, Paul Tyler, and Research Intern, Erinn Faulconer, will head up the study.
When we participated in the study in 2005, it was found that nonprofit arts are a $279.3 million industry in our five county area, which includes Wyandotte, Johnson, Jackson, Clay and Platte.
Our President & CEO, Harlan Brownlee, states "When creative activities are occurring in this city, whether large or small, there is an increase in economic vitality; the arts are an economic engine."
Complete details about the 2005 study are available at www.AmericansForTheArts.org/EconomicImpact.
- ► 2013 (17)
- ► 2012 (65)
- Former KS Arts Commissioners Respond to Governor B...
- Fleischers Lose Legal Battle over Betty Boop Right...
- New THUNDERCATS Trailer Released
- Autodesk Users Group Meeting Tuesday!
- Oscar Update! Best Animated Feature...
- Oscar Update! Best Animated Short...
- Vote for Your Animated Favorites at the Oscars!
- Comic Book Legend Dwayne McDuffie Dies
- KANSAS ARTS COMMISSION TO HOLD MEETING IN TOPEKA
- Cutting the KS Arts Commission could cost more tha...
- Naka-Kon Anime Convention this Weekend!
- "Paul" Trailer (I CAN NOT WAIT)
- HurleyCon 2011 This Weekend!
- MoGraph/3D Designer Job Alert
- Animated shorts make Oscar spotlight
- A BIG THANK YOU FROM MAPA!!!
- QUICK FLASH JOB FOR QUICK $$$
- What the Academy Got Right and Wrong Including Bes...
- Traveling Art Show Opens at Three Locations!!
- ILLUSTRATOR JOB ALERT
- AFTER EFFECTS CAMP KC LINEUP
- ArtsKC News for February
- Art venue in Lawrence!!!
- Kansas governor closes curtain on arts commission
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR AFTER EFFECTS CAMP!!!
- MAPA files non-profit paperwork to Jefferson City
- Viacom invests in Italian Animation Studio
- Kung Fu Panda 2 Super Bowl Commercial
- Dr. Jacqueline Chanda named president of the Kansa...
- ▼ February (29)